Monday, June 7, 2010

Priceless Smiles

Hello All!
Today several of us went in the villages with Ann, TI's social worker, to visit some of the children they sponsor and to deliver more of the clothes that we purchased the other day. I personally was looking forward to stepping into peoples' lives and seeing them in their homes with their families. It was such a joy to see how excited the children and their families were and to see the pride that they had in sharing their homes with us. Most of the homes were made of mud and had floors made from cow dung, but they were so clean and well kept (they were also warned that we would be visiting so I imagine that they put a little more into their homes for the occasion). The children each received a new church outfit and some second-hand clothes which they modeled for us. For the majority of the kids these were the first new clothes they had ever received and they were very shy about modeling them for us, but were obviously excited too! At each home we prayed with the families and that was such a moving experience for me. To be among people who live in such desperation, yet to know that our God is a God of love, compassion, peace, provision and joy brought such hope to my heart and reminded me of his continued faithfulness. At the times when I have felt so broken and hopeless for these people He has shown up in a smile or a story of redemption and has made it so evident to me that He reigns and is redeeming His people! What a blessing and honor it has been to be able to tangibly share His love!
Tomorrow is our last day here with TI and I think that we all are feeling a bit sad at the prospect of leaving, but I know that I will leave with renewed knowledge that our God is truly a faithful God and that His love brings hope and joy!
Joy to you all,
Kristi

1 comment:

  1. This Blog is really touching my heart.And it is so awesome to hear about and see all of this stuff that you guys are doing God Bless you guys.

    ReplyDelete